Wednesday, May 7, 2008

128 days into a trip that has no end

The week started off great for the loss, today I am back up a bit, still under Fridays weight but Up from where I was. I will not worry about it and I will treat it as "fluctuation" I also believe that the fact that I seem to use the bathroom less frequent lately has something to do with it. its been a day or 2 since a boat left port and rode the golden spin into the abyss, hopefully we can squeeze it into our schedule some time today. No pun intended.

My calories for Tuesday were slightly higher than target, coming in at 1565 for the day because of a large dinner. I made a BBQ rubbed roasted chicken breast with seasoned sweet potato fries and some sweet corn with black pepper and butter and just had to have my fill, it was incredibly tasty and when all is said and done not high calories at all, I was higher because I had an 8oz piece of the chicken. there is a 4oz piece left over that I am planning on having for Lunch today.

The sun shines a little brighter and things seem just a bit nicer over all, and the only thing that has changed is that my weight is down. I am at a weight that I am comfortable with right now and believe that what I weigh right now is just about where I have been for a long time in my life. I resemble many of the old pictures of myself now and my attitude has followed suite. I feel great my clothing fits looser and I wonder why it took so long for me to do this. walking through the trails at the park yesterday with my daughter watching her explore and spot details in the leaves and spotting animals in the woods is something I have been missing out on for a while, I am honestly starting to think about my time in CA and wonder if it effected me that much, and what I mean is that I was not happy in CA and maybe this played a part in my new found rotundness. Dwelling on the past has never been my style but I really do think just the fact that I was not "home" meaning in CT, played a part in my substantial weight gain. the injury did not help things along but I don't think its 100% to blame either. whichever way its rolled up doesn't really matter to me because the past is the past and nothing can change those facts. when you start noticing things likes your belly doesn't come close to hitting the steering wheel on the car while you drive any more, or that you have a lap to offer your daughter to sit on now while she just enjoys relaxing on Daddy, This is when one realizes just how important all of the hard work is...A calmness enters stage right.

As Ever
Me

Related Posts

128 days into a trip that has no end
4/ 5
Oleh