Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good for you man...

Yesterday My day started out well enough with Wify and the animals having the day off from school and work and before I knew it that time of day showed up, time to go to the gym and about half way there I realized that I had forgotten my head phones so I would be forced to listen to the monotonous boom tsss boom tsss boom tsss of the bad music that the gym seems to always play, no worries. I got in and straight to my bike and it is about 5 minutes into the ride that I realize, only because I could feel it, that I had forgotten my mid am snack and I am feeling a bit drained and I had only been there for 10 minutes. Pushing through my workout I completed 20 minutes on the bike and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.4mph with a 2.5% incline and I stayed away from the weights because of the not having a snack before leaving the house.

While I rode my bike, minding my own business I was on the machine that was bordering the isle and an older fella, older than me anyways, I would guess him in his late 40's early 50's walked past with a huge toothy smile on his face and said "Good for you man" and gave me a nod. This is the second time since starting down this path to better health that someone has said that exact statement to me and I get that it was most likely not meant as anything negative but man does it burn my ass when I hear it. Its like "Hey look at that fat dude bustin ass! good for him!" but I wasn't working and harder or easier than anyone else in there but my weight apparently means something in that respect I suppose. This fella seemed to chat the ear off of everyone that was unfortunate enough to make eye contact with him so I may be reading too far into it but saying good for you to a fat dude working out is not helping on any level and somehow comes off patronizing, that's what I get for forgetting my headphones I guess.

My intake for Monday was pretty decent and I managed to squeeze in a Long trail before dinner after repairing a window sill on our house that had some rot going on, Have a look at the menu.

Breakfast
8:45 AM
2 cups fruit and grain cereal 240
1 cup 1% milk 110

2:00 PM
1 banana 105

Lunch
3:30 PM
2.5oz grilled chicken breast 125
Italian wrap 90
lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle 45

5:00 PM
1 long trail beer 163

Dinner
6:15 PM
1 can progresso clam chowder 220
green salad 65
2 T light balsamic vinaigrette 60
1 hard boiled egg 70
2 T Romano/parm cheese mix 20

7:00 PM
2 small pancakes 175

8:45 PM
1 large apple 100

1588 total calories for the day and I drank a gallon of green tea and maybe 3/4 gallon of straight H2O, 50 minutes of cardio along with that so not too shabby. Unfortunately I wil not be able to make it to the gym today so I will go tomorrow which is usually the day that I don't go but since I would rather not miss 2 days in a row I will squeeze it into my normally busy Wednesday.

Thanks for following along with my adventures in getting thin and don't forget that you make your own decisions, I have never seen a brownie hop into someones mouth on its own.

As Ever
Me

Related Posts

Good for you man...
4/ 5
Oleh