Friday, May 16, 2008

Squeaked out a loss for the week

I feel that determination is to blame for the loss this week, I started the week off by being higher last Saturday and then Sunday I had that terrible meal at Friendly's on Mothers day and I hung around 440 lbs all week. Wednesday after seeing how much I was up I made the decision to just work out and see where the cards fall. This morning I woke up and straight to the scale to see how it all turned out, I hop on and she whispers 437.2 pounds this is good I think to myself, so I step off to get a second opinion, second time on it says the same number 437.2 pounds, so it appears that I have a 1 pound loss for the week, I'll take it. Submit you will fat, I am the one making the decisions now. Honestly if there was no loss at all this week I wouldn't have been too upset, I just said to my wife last night that I am ok with the weight and it not about a number but about the way I feel and what I am doing that matters.

This Honda CBF600 weighs in at 437 lbs


This American Bulldog comes in at 97 lb, which is what I have lost so far

My intake was decent for the day even though it was heavy with breads, ending at 1375 calories, Dinner was a bit stout but as it was mostly turkey and sweet potatoes I am not too worried about it. we made seasoned grilled turkey burgers on 80 calorie rolls with onions, pickles lettuce and tomato, and for a side I made sweet potato fries and a huge glass of green tea, I was very happy as that is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals since starting this new lifestyle. here is the menu from Thursday.

05/15/08

Breakfast
7:45 AM
4oz deli turkey 120
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 tbsp miracle whip 35
sliced tomato 10
blueberry green tea 40

12:00 PM
small apple 60

Lunch
3:00 PM
2 boiled eggs 140
lite roll 80
less than 1 tbsp miracle whip 25
small dill pickle 5
tiny bit newmans own lite honey mustard dressing 10

Dinner
6:00 PM
8oz ground turkey burger 320
2 light rolls 160
condiments 30
8oz sweet potato fries 200

Grand total of 1375 calories for the day, and this week is going to be treated as a gateway to harder workouts, I have been playing with some light weights and riding the bike regularly (which we may have run into a problem but that is for another time) and walking when I can. I am one pound lighter which mean one pound stronger and one pound closer to 100 lbs lost, I am just three pounds away from that century mark and looking forward to being able to say that I lost 100 lbs, and every pound of it was lost on my own, no miracle pill, no expensive diet plan or stack of books. I am feeling good about making this decision and the results are huge.

Carry on...

As Ever
Me

Related Posts

Squeaked out a loss for the week
4/ 5
Oleh